Thursday, January 4, 2007

censorship

so i noticed that in the last few months (year?) that i've been censoring myself...mostly in fear of hurting others.

but what is the point then if i don't actually talk about what is pissing me off or who i'm a lovesick idiot over???

then it happened.
i wrote something that pissed a friend off.
big time.

i didn't even mean anything. i was merely expressing some frustration with the way one evening with one group of friends went.

next thing i'm told is that i better keep my opinions to myself.

yeah, i don't think my friendship is going to recover from something like that.

was i in the wrong?
probably.

did my friend handle it correctly?
absolutely not.
she couldn't have done it in a more painful way.

(i have found that my blog friends are more understanding of this situation and feel she is in the wrong...which is exactly what i want to hear.)

so welcome to the next generation. a blog that NONE* of my friends will ever know about.


yes, i will keep the more public blog up and running (if for no other reason than i like my random readers from canada and australia). but this...this is where i will talk about how i went out drinking and dancing the night before without anyone calling me seconds later and judging me. this is where i will talk about how i have a huge crush on so-and-so without someone calling me seconds later and wanting the FULL story. this will be my safe place. my happy place.

and if somehow you found this and feel the need to judge, please go to the other blog and post unpleasant comments there. i'm all prepared there.


now back to your scheduled programming.
sigh.

*and by "none" i mean my non-blog friends and that particular circle of friends...which i'm probably not friends with anymore.

4 comments:

DCSportsChick said...

No more censorship! Let it all hang out :-)

vixen said...

word, my sister, word.

DCSportsChick said...

Hey, you forgot to add someone to the "people who suck" list... ;-)

vixen said...

hahahahaha!
touché!